Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Sweet Stamps Altered Item Challenge

Happy Tuesday !!
Today I have a special project to share with you for this week's challenge at Sweet Stamps
 
 
Our Challenge for this week is
Altered Item
 
Come show us all your fabulous creativeness sharing an altered item.
 
How fun is this, so many things you can use to alter
to create a one of a kind special project!!
 
Each week Sweet Stamps has a new challenge and although you are not required to use a Sweet Stamp, if you have some we would love for you to use them and you will receive a second entry into our draw.


Our prize each week to one lucky winner is a $20.00 gift certificate to Sweet Stamp Store for use on any of our wonderful rubber stamps.

Here is what I created using Sweet Stamps rubber stamp and a wood
picture frame

 
I started with a plain wood frame that I picked up at Michael's for a couple of dollars,
painted the edges inside and outside with Americana Acrylic paint "Poodleskirt Pink"
then modge podge Pink Paislee  "Frosty" pattern paper onto the front.
I then stamped Sweet Stamps Gingerbread boy & girl (2stamps #222J) onto
card stock then colored them up using Copic Markers, I add Stardust Stickles to their white icing.
 I then stamped the girl once again
onto a scrap of the pattern paper to paper piece her dress!
For my sentiment at the top I stamped Gingerbread Wishes (9105) onto some
pink cardstock then used a Ribbon Banner die to cut it out. Added a few rosebuds and
a flower from my stash.

View from the sides

 
 
Be sure to visit Sweet Stamps blog and see what the rest of the team has created for you. And please join in on the fun!!

Be sure to stop over to the Sweet Stamp's blog to see the fabulous
shares from my design team sisters!!
 
 

5 comments:

Stacey Adams, SweetStamps.com said...

What a sweet picture frame! I love the dp with the gingerbread boy & girl! Awesome coloring on the gingerbread couple!

Sandy Fredrick said...

Stacey took the words right out of my mouth, I was going to say what a sweet frame too. Love the plaid paper you chose for the picture frame and the Gingerbread Boy and Girl are so cute, love her matching dress.

~ Kendra ~ said...

Lovely altered picture frame, just love the Gingerbread Boy and Girl!! Too cute!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I have a few frames in my stash to alter.....how cool is this- love the banner and the gingerbread men!

Unknown said...

This is really a darling frame!!!!! Wow love it!!!! Super colors and images!!!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments and appreciate each one of them!
Crafty Hug's xxx