Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Punches and Dies Oh,My!

Good Morning and a very Happy Saturday 

I am very excited to be able to share a card with you today and want to say a huge thank you to the gals over at Send A Smile 4 Kids Challenge.  

Today I have the honor of being a Guest Designer with this fabulous 
group of Talented and Caring Ladies 

This group of ladies donated their time and talent by holding a weekly challenge along with collecting cards that are sent off to local Childrens hospitals  in hopes of putting  a smile on a child that is in the hospital.


Their challenge this week for the kids is
Punches and Die Cuts (for kids)


Three wonderful sponsors are donating some fabulous prizes 

Sassy Cheryl  $5.00 gift certificate
Crop Stop $15.00 gift certificate
Stamp Shoppe Creations $15.00 gift certificate 

WOW - now those are some mighty grand prizes 
Let's get out those punches and die cuts and Send a Smile to a child


Sassy Cheryl gave the design team some wonderful images to use in creating  their cards. Thank You Cheryl for your sweet images.


For my card I chose to use this adorable image called Bubble Blower 
As you can see I went a bit over board with using die cuts and punches.

My image was cut with Spellbinder Medium circle then layered on the large circle which then I layered onto Spellbinder Lacy Circle die cut.
Banner was cut using Whimsy Stamps banner die then I used Jelli Bean Bakers twine for stringing it together. At the bottom of my layout I used Martha Stewart lace border punch then topped it with MFT ticket border die, finishing my card using Whimsy Stamp ticket die and ticket stamps. Papers are My Minds Eye Stella & Rose, layered on PTI card stock. Large flower is from Prima and smaller flower from Whimsy Stamps. I colored the image with Copics Eoo, 02 ,25,34 YG11,13,14 RV21,25  then added Diamond Glaze to the bubble. 

What a fun card to create, knowing it will bring a smile to a child who definitely deserves to smile.

I humbly ask each of my friends to take a few minutes this week and 
Make a child in the hospital smile by sending your handmade cards to Send A Smile 4 Kids. you can find all the information on where to send your card here 

For those of you like me that have so many cards just sitting around take a minute and box some up and send them to Send A Smile 4 Kids 

Thanks for visiting, hope you will join this great and caring challenge 

Hugs

8 comments:

debby4000 said...

Fabulous fun card, love the image and the papers.
luv
debby

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Jacki, What an absolutely darling card! I totally love the paper and the banner! Then your coloring - wow girl! Wonderful! Thanks so much for being our guest designer at Send A Smile 4 Kids!! We loved having you!
Hugs, Sarah

Country Mouse said...

This card is super adorable!!! Love all the adorable colors and punches!!!

Imke said...

Jackie, this is adorable ! Love the DP and the banner.

Shelby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelby said...

Jackie...Thank you so much for joining us at SAS4Kids this week as a very talented GD:)! You did a wonderful amazing job on this card. I love all the details and especially love the colors you used.

Shelby

Theresa said...

Jackie, this is just too adorable. Love it!!

Sharon Basel said...

This is absolutely one of your best Jackie. What wonderful colors and coloring of that adorable image. You can never have enough die cuts I say and this is incredible. I love those pennants and the tickets - such rich looking embellishments. A wonderful card indeed!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments and appreciate each one of them!
Crafty Hug's xxx