Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

My first Christmas Card for 2011

Now that sounds like a not so fun title after the rush I just went through getting everything on our my to do list done in time for the holidays. Yea no that did not happen!  One of my resolutions for 2011 is to be more organized and have a plan for the coming holidays so I can have my holiday cards out in the mail before the week of Christmas.... nothing like waiting until the very last minute to send a card when the postal service is at it's fullest!!

I discovered ABC Christmas Card Challenge from a friend during the scurry of December and thought now this would be a great way to have my cards done well in advance and be able to mail them the first of December so my family and friends can receive and display them during the holidays and before Christmas and not after LOL!! Yep only one card made it before Christmas - how sad it that?

I also have a basket and it a big one full of card kits that I received from some forum swaps I participated in and never found the extra time to play with as I always wanted to play with my current images. So one of my goals too is to play with these and create some wonderful cards, (each baggie holds everything I need except for the base to create a card) instead of them collecting dust like they have been.  
My game plan is to play in  the ABC Christmas Challenge which is every two week - that is two cards a month,  which will give me a good stash of Christmas cards done and ready to go.  I have marked a date on my calendar as well that twice a month I will use another non- holiday card kit and share with everyone - again using these great kits and building my stash for when my girls show up and need to replenish their card box that I gave them.
Then when I receive invites to join another card kit swap I won't feel so guilty due to the fact I have tons just sitting there not being used.

OK so enough of my blabbering here, let me show you my card for ABC Christmas first challenge - A is for Anything Christmas



Now some of the kits do not contain the company information regarding the stamp or the designer papers and embellishments. However I do know this image is a Gillian F Roberts stamp "Mistletoe and Mice" and you can find it available on the Stampavie store  . For the beautiful pattern paper I have no idea who it is by, the flowers and leaves  (Prima) are mine as are the little clear balls which I found in the wedding section at Hobby Lobby. Gingham ribbon is from my ribbon drawer, along with the Bazzil Bling papers and PTI Poppy Red card stock.

It was fun creating a Christmas card with no pressure, so I am hoping this will continue through out the year.

Thanks for visiting
Hugs



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jackie this is simple gorgeous! I love everything about this card and look forward to you playing along each challenge too! its a good way to get ahead!! Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

Helen said...

Awww...this is soooo cute!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

coldwaters2 said...

Super cute image Jackie they look gorgeous so does the papers and those flowers love the gingham bow it all looks wonderful.
hugs
Lorraine x

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

So cute and those flowers are a great touch. I really need to do my cards earlier too. I am still burned out from all my crazy crafting right before Christmas. I did not even post pics of most of it because I did not have time to even take photos!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments and appreciate each one of them!
Crafty Hug's xxx