Pages

Sunday, November 8, 2009

A Special day for me!

Hello friends, happy Monday to you! Well I am at the hospital awaiting the birth of our new grandchild. The little turkey has been a bit stubborn and would not cooperate with turning to the proper position so they have scheduled a C-Section for this morning.

Of course part of the suspense is my son and his wife choose not to know the sex of the baby as they wanted to be surprised. So the suspense is double for me as not knowing is driving me crazy. We have 5 grandsons between the girls and the chance that we could have a baby girl is very exciting. Oh my what trouble I could get ito with a baby girl to shop for. LOL! Boy or Girl this grandma will enjoy spoiling with lots of love.

So to fit in with the scheme of a baby, my card today is Kai in the snow! When I first saw this image I just had to have him, he brought some great memories back of my grandson Nicholas when he was little and his first time in the snow. Of course I colored him as a little boy (jeez just comes natural to go to the blues), but I could have alot of fun using pink with this image. He is just adorable and is having a good time playing with the snow (MS Coarse glitter). His ball on his cap and strings were flocked with white and then I punched out some snowflakes (MS punch) from scraps of Bazzill Shimmer paper




I used copics to color the image and then found some S.E.I. paper from last year's stash Winter Glitter land. The beautiful sliver ribbon is from my stash that I picked up when I visited Melissa in WV and she so kindly feed my addiction to ribbon by taking me to a ribbon outlet(wonderful place, so sad it is a 9 hour drive away), I added MS mica flakes glitter to the snow he was tossing in the air, along with some MS crystal glitter to make it shimmer a bit more. Then added the sentiment "Let it Snow" from the SU Cold Play set, and a few rhinestones for some more bling.

I hope you enjoy as much as I did making this card, I will be back later with some news on the arrival and a few pictures of our blessed baby.

Hope you have a wonderful day.
Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments and appreciate each one of them!

Hugs
Jacki

1 comment:

Tammy Miller said...

Congrats on the little one Jackie, dont you just love Mo's digital pencil?? love to see pics

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments and appreciate each one of them!
Crafty Hug's xxx