Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

It's Begining to Look A Lot Like Christmas with Sweet Stamps

Hello and a Happy Tuesday!!
It's a new week with a new challenge over on the Sweet Stamps Challenge blog!
This week are theme is

Christmas

You can find everything you need to create your one of a kind Christmas cards in the Sweet Stamp store,
so many fabulous rubber stamps,die cuts , pattern paper packs,
embossing powders, inks, markers and embossing folders to name just a few items you will find as you browse the store!

 
For my DT card I inked up this beautiful stamp Bells with Bow  #880 with Memento Black ink then
colored my bow and some of the bells with my Copic B00, B000 and B02. I want to match my fun My Mind's Eye paper wanting my bell to incorporate the shimmer of the silver in the pattern.
Stacey had sent me some of these beautiful Sugar Beads they have a silver touch to them. I quickly worked on adding them to the image using Diamond Glaze adhesive. ( I recommend using a glue with a fine tip to control where & how the glue flows). Let me forwarn you these sweet beads are super mirco small and I suggest you definitely use a tray when working with them, those sweet babies roll everywhere LOL!!
I love the effect these Sugar Beads gave to my image and it is really beautiful IRL.
I then had to find a color for the actuall bell inside the bell wanting it to be silver so I used my Aqua pen and dab it onto a silver Metallic ink pad, it worked perfectly.
I layer my image onto Nellie's Multi Frame's MFD030 using the largest die on silver metallic paper
then adhered to a lacy circle die. For my side panels I added Memory Box Frostyville Border 98146 which is such a gorgeous die. My sentiment is Merry Christmas Curved stamp 991 and I adhered all parts with Sticky Tape.M
y card design was inspired by this fab tutorial  posted on Scor-Pal blog.
 

Each week Sweet Stamps has a new challenge and although you are not required to use a Sweet Stamp, if you have some we would love for you to use them and you will receive a second entry into our draw.


Our prize each week to one lucky winner is a $20.00 gift certificate to Sweet Stamp Store for use on any of our wonderful rubber stamps

Be sure to visit Sweet Stamps blog and see what the rest of the team has created for you. And please join in on the fun!!

Be sure to stop over to the Sweet Stamp's blog to see the fabulous
shares from my design team sisters!!


7 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

A beautiful card- The sugar beads are such a great touch! The colors are wonderful- love the great DSP you used.

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, xx

jonim52 said...

Love the lacey feel of this card. Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

My Friend
You need to come over to this url
there is a surprise for you
http://www.tammyscrapincorner.com/2012/11/sunshine-award-thank-you-vickey.html

Hugs Tammy

Kraftylittlebox said...

Love the die cuts on this and the image is fab :) hugs Klair x

~ Kendra ~ said...

Beautiful design!!! Love it!b Love the added sugar beads!

Sandy Fredrick said...

Gorgeous card, love your design. Love how you incorporated all the different design elements. Very striking!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments and appreciate each one of them!
Crafty Hug's xxx