Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Challenge #89 Anything on a spool, metal and sentiment

Hello and a Happy Wednesday!!


It's time to Cook it Up with Katie, Challenge #89 is a fun one, this week Katie is looking for you to create with 


Anything from a spool (yarn, string, twine), Metal (charm, brads etc) and a Sentiment


For my sample today I went a little out of my own comfort zone and played with a  Chip board dress form shape for my main image. that I received eons ago. I started by coloring the sides with a black Copic the paper pieced some of my pattern paper on it - 

Sanded the edges and then layered onto textured paper with pop dots then a scalloped oval. I hand pieced the lower portion of my card using Basic Grey papers from Nook & Pantry 6 x 6 pad. Layered onto Black and Kraft card stock for my card base. Red Seam binding, wooden button tied with twine and a few sewing pins (Metal) from my pin cushion .
Then I found this tiny little wooden spool that was in the bag with the chip board dress form and thought I would take it one step further and wrapped with twine and added it to my main focal area.  To finish I added a Happy Birthday sentiment from Paper Trey Ink fill-able frames #4 punched out with SU large and small oval punches.


Hope you will join us this week, we would love to see your take on our recipe!
Thanks for visiting me, hope you have a wonderful day!

Inspiring Challenges
Crafty Sentiments - Let's get Girly
Ribbon Carousel - must include a spool item
Use it Tuesday - hoard supplies (dress form, wooden button and spool)



7 comments:

Mayow88 said...

Well done!

Greets Marjolein

Sandra H said...

Well done:) Sandra H

ScrappyRae10 said...

Beautiful Card!!! Thanks for joing the fun at CTO!!!

Adrian said...

2 cute, thanks for playing @ CTO!

NanaConnie said...

Love the combo of red and black on this, Jacki! Great paper piecing on the dress form. What a terrific bow!

Esther said...

Lovely card!
Thanks for joining us at CTO!

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

So pretty, love the twine and your beautiful colors! Thanks for joining us @ CTO this week for our "Anything Goes Birthday" Challenge :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments and appreciate each one of them!
Crafty Hug's xxx