Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

Holiday Celebration decorations with Stamp Fairy's Barry

Good Morning Friends - yikes it's starting to feel a lot like winter around here  brrrrrrrr it's cold outside!! Which doesn't help my horrible chest cold when I have to be out in it!

Today Stamp Fairy has a new challenge for you and this week the theme is Holiday Celebrations 
Since we are getting closer to the Holidays our challenge will run 
through the end of the month, giving the team a bit of a break to spend time with their 
family during the holidays.

Hope you will share with us some of your holiday celebration projects.

For my design share, I am using the new Count down to Christmas Barry 

This is the newest Barry Collection that Gerda just released this past Friday
and of course he is as sweet as can be - 
I made a Christmas tree ornament with some great little press board ornaments I found at our local 
Hobby Lobby - and of course with their great prices and then add in 50% off these were 
almost free so I just couldn't pass them up. So a dozen or so just happen to find their way into my basket. hahaha!

Christmas is one of my most favorite holidays and I love to decorate the house with 
lighted trees in every room.  Here's my newest addition to my array of the different trees I set up each year and this one is definitely one I am just feeling the love for!



I used a few of the different Barry Bears from Barry Winter 
colored them with Copic added lots of glitter and Stickles, distressed the edges of each with Tim Holtz Distressed Walnut stain along with distressing the ornament edges, wrapped some green plaid ribbon around the edges and then topped with a ribbon bow. My two year old grandson Reece has claimed this tree as his.
he loves to touch each one and since they won't break it's even a bigger thrill when Grandma doesn't say "No touch" LOL! Still have a few more to finish up and add to the remaining areas, and hope to have it completed by this week.

Thanks for visiting and I hope you will come join us for our Holiday Celebration challenge at Stamp Fairy's challenge blog

Also Stamp Fairy has a wonderful sale through the month of December

So go visit the store, you will find a cart full of wonderful images.


Challenges I will be entering
Come and Get it - Red and Green
One Stitch at a Time - use a digi
Paper Sundaes - anything Christmas 
The Squirrel and The Fox - Christmas 
2 Sisters - Christmas 
Creations by Gil M - Red and Green
One Stop Craft - Traditional Christmas colors 
Clearly Inspired - Christmas 
Inspired Me Friday - anything goes 
Stamp Man - make an ornament 
Raise the Bar - Christmas 

11 comments:

~*Joni said...

Oh Jacki!! This is soooo sweet! :) I love love love this idea, what a perfect image to decorate a tree in. Any kid (from 1-92) would just melt seeing this tree. :) LOVE IT! Make sure you enter it in Raise The Bar too!

Unknown said...

Aww how cute this is Jackie ... love your Christmas decoration, so colourful. Hope your cold will go away soon. Hugs xxx

Hazel said...

A lovely little decoration, perfect. The tree looks good too. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. Hazel x

Cassie said...

What a sweet decoration! So glad you played along in CIC41 :D

Shanna Shands said...

I love the tree. Thanks for playing with Paper Sundaes!

Sharon Basel said...

What a fabulous use of these adorable Barry images! I love that Christmas tree - such fun!

happyglitzygirl said...

This is supercute, what a lovely idea. Thanks for playing with us at the Squirrel and the Fox, blessings Hilde

lisa said...

What great little ornaments your cute little bear makes. Your tree looks beautiful covered in them.
Thanks so much for joining us at The Stampman this time.
Hugs Lisax

Gill McCall said...

fantastic projects - love them and so fitting for my red and green challenge. thank you for playing along

Jacki Daniels said...

beautiful creations thanks for playing along with at CBGM
Jacki xx

Lou Sims said...

Fab Christmas decorations, beautifully coloured. Many thanks for joining in with Fab'n'Funky Challenges this week.

Lou
x

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments and appreciate each one of them!
Crafty Hug's xxx