Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Teddy Bo and FairyDoodlers

Hi and a beautiful Sunday to everyone

Well all the birthday fun is over for another couple of months, as we had our last two parties yesterday. Laser Kraze in the morning with 17 little cuties as Nicholas celebrated his 7th birthday with all his school friends. It was really a fun party and grandma even was able to play a game of laser tag with them (as they had to have an adult with my one grandson) so, I joined in the fun and I don't know who had more of a blast, me or all the little tikes that took fun in making sure they surrounded me and kept shooting their laser at me so I couldn't shoot my gun. LOL!! Needless to say out of the 17 that were playing I came in dead last with my laser points.

Then last night we had a surprise birthday party for hubby with family and friends here at the house as we celebrated our 39th wedding anniversary which was very low keyed but lots of fun sharing good memories with our love ones.
So after 3 months of 6 birthday parties and holidays I am looking forward to a couple of months of  a break.



Today I wanted to share a couple of cards from a fairly new company that I came a upon and fell in love with.  Fairydoodler's Den  runs a Friday challenge offering a free image each week for their challenge. I didn't quite make it to enter my card into their weekly challenge, but I did want to share my card using this sweet image. Having six grandson's, I know I will be using this image often with different cards.  



I made this one for a birthday card for my grandson who will be 18 in March.
My papers are from a Glitz Pack "Hey Dude" and matted on PTI Spring Rain and Chocolate, Sentiment is a SU stamp, Button is from PTI, Copics B45, E00,02,41, G24

Creative Inspirations challenge this week is celebrate and since this is a birthday card to celebrate a 18th birthday. One Stop Craft challenge wants to see a card for a male, Prairie Fairy is celebrating birthdays with a Happy Birthday challenge, Raise the Bar is looking for children images, which this is more for the teen years but still a child. Stampin for the Weekend's challenge is some new and blue - new image and blue within my card .


For my second card Fairydoodler opened a new store and a line of stamps with their very own blog Teddy bo and Company. If you are a teddy bear lover then you have to visit FairyD's new line of Teddy bo and Teddy bea store.
Teddy bo has a new challenge blog with their first challenge running
and I just couldn't resist these adorable little teddies.



I hunted down my Prisma pencils and Gamsol and sat and colored up this adorable little sweetie.
Oh I am so hooked, they have a new release coming on the 18th but you can find some very sweet Teddy bo and Teddy bea in the store, you really must go visit.

I paired him up with some sweet Basic Grey Wisteria papers, PTI Aqua Mist and Chocolate Brown paper, using the current sketch at Friday Sketchers as my layout.
This also will fit into the Basic Grey challenge - BG papers and spots and dots.

Thanks for stopping in and I hope you enjoy and will go visit FairyD's two blogs to say hi and welcome her and her teams to  blog land .

Have a sweet Sunday, me I am going to kick back and relax in my craft room.
Hugs

19 comments:

Gayle Cook said...

Okay...I'll get my blushing out of the first....thank you SO much for your lovely words about my blogs...believe me, I'm as delighted that you found us as you appear to be that we found you!!!!

Now....your CARDS....what a shame you didn't find us quickly enough for our Fairydoodler challenge but boy am I glad you found us for our Teddy Bo one....and this is only the second card with Bo in it and it's SUCH a stunning card.The colours and papers are stunning....and all that sewing...my goodness...how do you find the time!!?!?!?

Thank you so much for joining us this week.

FairyD xxx

Gayle Cook said...

Just read through my comment...meant to say that we're delighted to find you as you are to find us!!! OOOOppss!! ;o)

1CardCreator said...

Cute cards Jackie, Happy Anniversary, sounds like you've been busy having fun. ~Diane

Lisa said...

Hi Jacki, I love both your cards with Fairy D's fab images. Briliiant male card and it is perfect for an 18th birthday. Gorgeous Teddy Bo card ... love the papers and the flowers and colours are wonderful.

Thanks for joining us at Teddy Bo.

Lisa x

Anonymous said...

Great cards Jackie ! really love the first one boy cards are so difficult image wise, Love the grunge feel to this great! hugs Samantha :0)

Imke said...

Love them both, Jackie - but the first one is very cool !!

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

Gorgeous card - it's lovely to see Teddy Bo getting some attention :c)
Thanks for joining our first Teddy B challenge there's some more cuties due out tomorrow..........
Hugs,
Debbie xx

Colette said...

Both brilliant cards, shame you missed the fairydoodler deadline, love the Teddy Bo card, the colour combo is fab. Glad you could join us at Teddy Bo challenge this week. Good Luck! Colette xx

Heather said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, fabulous colour and paper combo, great colouring of Teddy Bo - (I'm loving these teddies and really going to have to get me some!!) Love your beautiful detailing.

So glad you could join us in the Basic Grey challenge and DT call,
hugs
Heather xx

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi there, gorgeus card, love the colours. Thanks for joining us this week over at Teddy Bo Challenge, good luck! Heidi x

Trisha said...

Great B-day card! Love the papers and image-very "dudish"! Thanks for playing at Fairy Fun Fridays! xox Trisha

Suzi Mac said...

Fabulous cards. Great images and so suitable for a male. Thank you for joining us at One Stop Craft this week.
Hugs
Suzi x

Gunn (Merete) said...

The card for your grandson is great. Perfect image for a boy on his 18th birthday. Layout is stunning and I love your papers.
Thanks for joining us at SFTW.

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Jackie I think that this card will please any young male that image looks a real cool dude, and those papers are gorgeous I am also loving that Teddy Bo card he looks super, I treated myself to two of their images today, lol, thank you for joining us at both Creative Inspirations and One stop Crafts this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Berni said...

Great card, perfect for a young man :)

Thanks for joining us over at SFTW

Hugs
Berni x

Berni said...

Great card, perfect for a young man :)

Thanks for joining us over at SFTW

Hugs
Berni x

Jenni said...

Great card for a teenage boy, my two would love it. Thanks so much for joining in with the Creative Inspirations Birthday Celebrations.
Jenni x

Daisychain said...

What a great celebration card for an 18yr old, love the image and design. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations, hope to see you next time. Hugs Christine x

Thanh Vo said...

I'm late in responding but thanks so much for playing along with the "Oh to be a Kid Again" Challenge over at Raise the Bar. This was perfect for our challenge and a very good image to celebrate an 18th Birthday.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments and appreciate each one of them!
Crafty Hug's xxx