Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I wish you Peace

I wanted to share a card this evening with you that I made for a few challenges using this gorgeous image from Designed2Delight, there are actually 4 images in this set 2 of these beautiful flowering shamrocks and 2 sentiments. Such a perfect image for those cards we don't necessarily like to make or seldom have on hand when you need a one to send your sympathy. When I received my images for the progressive challenge on Delightful Inspirations I immediately wanted to create a few cards to have on hand. Such an elegant image but the sentiments are so moving and from the heart.

I did a few different cards but this one so far is my favorite (I will share the others through out the week).


I had to google a flowering shamrock (I know shame on me) but it was basically for the color of the flower. I am glad I did as I did not realize that they grow in all different shades from pale white,blue, pink and purple.
They really are a beautiful flower that gives a calming effect. I used both sentiment with Peace on the front and the other sentiment inside.

Double Delight challenge blog is challenging us this week with adding sponging or distressing to your card. Not sure I will qualify for this one or not,  but my background paper has the distress look and even though it looks similar to sponging I used chalk and a brush for the shading around the Nestability circle and on the sentiment.

Delightful Inspirations- image
Double Delight- sponging or distressing
Stamping Sisters in Christ- peace

3 comments:

Lorie said...

Oh, this is just LOVELY! Great job!

HappyCrafter said...

So soft and feminine, just love it, and the way you did the ribbon is fabulous!

Sherrie Conner said...

So pretty! Love the blue's and the ribbon & pearls!!
Thanks so much for being a part of the Designed2Delight Artist's Challenge! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments and appreciate each one of them!
Crafty Hug's xxx