Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Square Envelope for a 5.5" x 5.5" card

Good Morning, I am attempting something outside my comfort level so please be kind as this is my first ever tutorial.
When making cards I tend to lean towards the 5.5" x 5.5" card base, and since envelopes for this size card are not a common find in my local scrap stores I make my own. The cost is very minimal as I stock up on 12x12 papers when Hobby Lobby or Michael's has them on sale.




To make a envelope for a 5.5" X 5.5" card you want to start with a piece of card stock that is 9" x 9"


Align the points on the 5" score line and then score on 2 1/8. Repeat on all sides



When finish scoring all sides, cut out the little triangle where lines meet, sorry DH did not get this picture. But I think you can see the triangles.


Fold bottom up, both sides in


Add a piece of Scor tape (red line double sided tape) on the two sides


Perfect envelope for your 5.5" x 5.5" cards - end results is a 5 3/4 square.




I hope you enjoyed this short tutorial, if you only knew how hard it was for DH to take these pictures. Well at least he was able to do it without getting my toes and the dog in the pictures - yes that is what I got the first time around. LOL!

Thanks for stoppin by, hope your day is a day you will remember!
Hugs
Jacki

15 comments:

Tammy Miller said...

very well done Jackie, I think you did good!!! I have never done a 5x5 I think I will have to try it now!

Su G said...

Perfect Jackie. I have never made a card this size because i don't have envies that size. Huh, whoda thought I could make them (slapping forhead)
Perfect tutorial.

Melissa S. said...

Thanks for the great tutorial Jackie. I will have to remember this one. I just wish I had a score pal. I might have to invest in one now.

Jennifer said...

Wow, Jacki thank you so much for that wonderful tutorial.

Rae Anne said...

I can see how this would be so decorating it to match the card inside - SUH-WEET! Thanks so much for sharing your tutorial with us! :D

Juanita said...

Fabulous tutorial and at a great time, I just got my Scor Pal this weekend. I will need to give this a try.

DesertBuni said...

Jackie!!!!! I got it today!!!! Your Blog Candy that I won!!!! OMG, It is more adorable in person!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Your coloring is amazing! As well as your craftmanship!! Very Impressive...And the monkey set from Bugaboo you used is just so cute!! I am just so happy...Thanks you!!!
Thanks for making my day!

Scrappy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scrappy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scrappy said...

Third try at posting a comment:

GR8 tutorial! Now I can make some yummy BIG CARDS! Thanks for showing us the way Jackie! :-)

sgc said...

Oh Jackie--I'm anxious to make some large cards now! Great tutorial (will you be willing to do mine when it is time?)

Waseem said...

, I think you did good!!! I have never done a 5x5 I think I will have to try it now!Gift Card envelopes

Ginny said...

sounds easy. I am going to try it. Thank you !

The Nonna said...

Believe it or not it’s 9 years later...and I am so very appreciative of this tutorial!!!! Good job and congratulations on still helping people across the years!

Jac-ee said...

Over 10 years since you posted this and it is exactly what I was looking for. Have been searching and looking at all kinds of videos for hours and BAM! your tutorial was it. Thank you!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments and appreciate each one of them!
Crafty Hug's xxx