Friday, August 13, 2010

Strawberry Girl and Mindy's Sketch

Happy Friday my friends,,

Ok I am counting down the days till school starts!! LOL!! This week has been the longest and the worst for attitudes.. I think Hunter is as ready for school as I am... not sure I can bear to hear "there's nothing to do" one more time and keep smiling!!! 4 more days and I will not have to hear that comment I hope!!  I am sure it will be more in the line of "can I wait to do my homework or I am too tired to get up" :) LOL!

Well, since it's Friday, it's time for a new challenge at Fussy & Fancy challenge blog and this week the amazing Mindy has given us a wonderful sketch to follow.



Here is my take of the sketch, I followed the sketch but used it on a 5.5x5.5 card base.

This little cutie is called Strawberry Girl and she is designed by Mo Manning of Digital Pencil Too. you can find her here. She is colored with Copics and then topped with lots of sparkle using Stickles Stardust and her dress and purse strings are colored with a red glitter gel pen. I used my Scor-Pal to embossed the white and swiss dot cuttlebug folder for the pink, crystal bling  is from Recollections and the perals on the corners are Basic Grey, Ribbon is from my stash drawer as well are the flowers, SU sentiment. If you look really hard I think you can see that her little toenails are painted with some sparkly red polish :)


For more inspiration on this fabulous sketch from Mindy hop on over to the Fussy & Fancy blog as the design team is sharing their beautiful creation . I hope you join us this week, we would love to see your creativeness with our sketch,

Have a fabulous Friday!
Jackie

Challenges to be entered
Wild Orchard Challenge - One for the girls
The Pink Elephant- Summer Fun

7 comments:

Stampin Mindy said...

I love what you did with my sketch. The image and coloring are gorgeous! Love all the pink bling and great idea with the scor-pal.

Hugs, Mindy

Crystal said...

Totally GORGEOUS WOW WOW WOW LOVE your take on the sketch and the pink is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I LOVE your scoring in the bg!

1CardCreator said...

This looks so sweet and charming, makes me wish my daughter was little again. You really captured the sweet tender look of this stamp. Thanks for sharing. ~Diane

Chelsea said...

Awww, what a cute image. Great card!

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Gorgeous card!! She's adorable!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at TPE!!
Sheri-TPE DT

Cor* said...

I love your take on the sketch! Great image. I too can't wait til school starts.............what did they do in the olden days....no computers, no DVD players....no nutin'! Yay school .

Silvia said...

Just adorable! Love the shabby chic look on your card. Thanks for joining us at TPE!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments and appreciate each one of them!
Crafty Hug's xxx